NEONCROSS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEONCROSS

The official NEON CROSS discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saw Weird Al lastnight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Saw Weird Al lastnight Empty
PostSubject: Saw Weird Al lastnight   Saw Weird Al lastnight Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:08 pm

I took the fam to the OCFair and Weird Al was in the arena.
This was easily one of the funniest things I've ever seen live! Right up there with going to a comedy club.
The set lasted about 2 hours and was a mix of live and multi-media with a huge screen behind the band where they play snippets from Al-TV.
These "interviews" are hilarious. There were times I thought I'd wet myself.
Using a little creative editing, Al creates a back and forth using clips from old interviews to make it appear as though he's the person conducting the interview. And of course, Al's questions are much funnier than the original interviewers.
Some of the better ones were Jessica Simpson, Madonna, K-Fed (who he asks "....so what is a no talent, white trash, brain dead leach going to do now that you don't have a rich, talented, celebrity wife to suck off of...")
But the Eminem interview was the best where he used Matters own words about creative expression and people who take themselves too seriously to then say, "...so freedom of expression...say like if a certain parody artist wants to shoot a video that pokes funny at say....your video?"
The audience roared!
There are a couple of spots in the concert where they'll do only a verse or two of maybe five tunes, al a medley, and when he did the Crash Test Dumbies "HummmHummmHummm" he sang a new verse, "...once there was a girl who...got a DUI but continued driving...." and when he concluded the verse with "...they couldn't quite explain it...why was this news..." people actually stood up and cheered!
Very funny, very cleave guy. Definitely the high point of the entire fair experience.
Back to top Go down
nick_c

nick_c

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Saw Weird Al lastnight   Saw Weird Al lastnight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:59 pm

LOVE Weird Al. Pretty tough to be primarily known for parodies of other people's music and be original at the same time, but Al pulls it off.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Saw Weird Al lastnight   Saw Weird Al lastnight Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:55 pm

He's actually done a few "originals" and they're just as funny, it not funnier than his parodies.
Latest one that comes to mine is "Weasel Stomping Day".
This is just pure madness. So funny. If you haven't heard it you've got to pick up the latest CD, it on there.
Back to top Go down
nick_c

nick_c

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Saw Weird Al lastnight   Saw Weird Al lastnight Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 9:40 am

I don't have the new one, but you're right, his originals are golden. "Albuquerque" is about the funniest song I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Weird Al lastnight   Saw Weird Al lastnight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw Weird Al lastnight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NEONCROSS :: General Discussions-
Jump to: