NEONCROSS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEONCROSS

The official NEON CROSS discussion Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living above the frey...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Living above the frey... Empty
PostSubject: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 11:18 pm

Mortgage, family, boss and the buds...
Do you have trouble living above the influence?
Who do you work for?
Who do you serve?
Are you the sort who lives the "undercover" faith?
Are you the type who wears it on your sleave?
What would the people who see you most say about you?
What would Jesus say about you?
What do you have to say for yourself?
Back to top Go down
James B.

James B.

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:42 am

I try and I fail but don't live in condemnation
cause it doesn't suit me for who and what I am.

Is this an idea for a song
or perhaps words to something in the can already.

I knew I shouldn't have been praying for patience What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Naw brutha, this is schuft I've dealt with lyrically already and there's material in the can that addresses it too.
But this is one of the most practical conversations we have as believers and a great place to invoke a bit of fellowship.
We all struggle with this.
We are called to "work as unto the Lord" and yet how often do we find ourselves confronted with "the Man"?
That's what I'm getting at.
Can we set our eyes a little higher than that goofer accross the table when all they have to say involves a world we're really not supposed to be vested in? Wink
Back to top Go down
James B.

James B.

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:16 pm

If we don't struggle and have strife in our life than how and why is there need for fellowship with the Creator ? Constantly am I asking for His strength and like a kewl dude said "move...outta the way" So He can continue His good work in me. I contemplate how different it would of been to be back 120 years ago? Without all the distractions, the bells, the whistles, perhaps easier to focus the gaze where it will do the most good. How is that for a word "good" now that can get one in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:36 pm

I like your take Jim.
Something we often over look is that we are not here to find an easy way through it all. We have chosen to be His disciples.
Through trials we are revealed. And who we are revealed to is ourselves.
God is never surprised at how we act. He is fully aware of who we are and what we are capable of. But when the trial come, that's when we learn who we really are and what we're capable of.
It's not always a pretty picture, as we are broken we recognize just how limited we are in our ability to "correct" our own behavior.
If viewed properly the correct response will always be a deep death to self. A surrendering of our will in order to allow the Lord to "fix" that broken part of us.
This is why we endure our trials with all joy. We know that God is doing His perfect work in us.
Of course, the more we need it, the less likely we are to enjoy it or appreciate it.
Wink
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:38 am

Just heard a great sermon on this at Church......the fire that we go through is the process by which the 'chaff' gets burned off. We come through the fire better for it.

I am basically not what I want to be. . . I'm a work in progress. I am fallen - and acutely aware of that - but I strive to be more like Jesus.

That's what I want folks to know about me. That's what I want my children & friends to see.....

I pray for wisdom & patience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrangeLand.us
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 pm

I think I understand where you're coming from and I hope this doesn't come off as some sort of detractor cuz I dig what you're say...but something we can take solis in is just that Wes. We're not finished. Not by a long shot!

However, something I've noticed about my own walk is that when my discipleship is "active", I carry no regrets. How could I? That I fail has not only been acknowledged, it is the very thing I'm trusting Jesus to deliver me from! Our relationship, mentor/student is based on learning what true love is and how to live it!

Positionally I may already have obtained salvation (I'm not arguing that) but it is only when I live in the spirit through obedience to Christ that I truly live. The more I give room to the "old man", the more regret and fear and insecurities begin to work their way back through the loaf. Wink

I think it is completely natural to react with displeasure when trials are presented. But then, it is the "natural man" that we are seeking to put to death that the spirit might live.
And this what we find so often in the work place.
The challenges of loving people who might even go out of their way to express their disdain and loathing.

When I work "for the man" I am forever at odds with him. Even the best partner, manager, owner, board member...take your pick, will eventually do you in when the pressure is on and the weakness comes. In fact, it may even be you letting yourself down!
If you've place you trust in man you will be disappointed and you could very well become disillusioned.

But when you work as unto the Lord it's not about the paycheck, the promotion, the accolades of "exceptional merit". It's about pleasing Jesus Christ. And doesn't Jesus have a wonderful way of expressing His satisfaction with us? Smile
So much better than the money is the love that God spreads within our hearts! And that is the challenge. To live that life.

So...what prompted this thread was in fact personalities in the work place and recognizing that if I am irritated, there's a lesson here for me.
Maybe a lesson for you too.
Wink
Back to top Go down
James B.

James B.

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 9:09 am

In the past year since leaving my beloved trade of carpentry and entering the "childhood dream" of driving a big rig for a living... my workplace environment has changed quite drastic. No longer on a hillside over looking a lake or canyon, building a million dollar home. I deal with traffic and folks my company does commerce with. At first they see this "image" of a biker getting out of a truck and react to that in a certain manner of speaking, complete with vulgarities, profanity, and the obligatory "bro"... Then after I tell them about Jesus, the offense is more evident in thier reaction to my words than mine was to thiers. I don't trip much on what people say in casual conversation, unless of course a woman or child is present and then I will call them on it. After a few visits to those certain locations, most of the time, the people tone down or cease to speak how they initially did and (Praise God) some even ask me to pray for a kid of thiers or some family/friend dealing with this or that. I inquire then and there for them to join me in prayer.
On the docks at the Port of Oakland, the streets of this lil town and that big city. It blesses me to see Christ glorified in such a small action and what can grow from the simplest of gestures. I leave with a smile on my face and guess what ? I have to merge onto the freeway and nodody wants to get behind a truck...and won't let me merge. that quick
the temperance of our spirit can be a beautiful thing and BAM become something ugly. I call it loosing the focus of Christ and putting it on ourself. End result is just like merging onto the interstate during afternoon rush and nobody will let you in.
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:14 pm

Dave & James - > you both nailed it.

Yes, yes, yes.

Smile

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrangeLand.us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living above the frey...   Living above the frey... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living above the frey...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NEONCROSS :: Other Forums :: Christian Life-
Jump to: