Share | 

Hey Guys Remember Me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jmcgarvey

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Hey Guys Remember Me!   Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Your old drum tech! John McGarvey. I am glad to hear that you guys are still playing music. Do you guys still hear from Mike Betts? I would love to get in touch with him.

My Favorite Neon Cross memories!

Your first gig at the Waters Club. They had you guys come on after 1:00 in the morning. You guys rocked so hard that the management apologized for putting your on so late.

You guys blew some named LA secular band off the stage who were awful.
(It was warrant or someone like that). I remember thinking they were going nowhere fast and then thinking there was no justice in the world when they made it big time a year later.

Watching Mike hit the drums harder than I thought was humanly possible and thinking he is going to have to replace his drum heads after every gig.

Being blown away at how fast Don could play his solos and how high David could hit those high notes.

Feeling like we were really living the Frontline Life.

Waking up at 3:00 in the morning in the back of the van after working hard setting up and tearing down the gear.

Best Spinal Tap Moment: During one concert Mike Betts was wearing a mesh vest with metal spiked wrest bands. In the middle of the song, I notice Mike's face is turning blue and he is having a hard time playing. I run on stage with a knife and have to cut him free because his spikes got tangled up with his vest. Throughout the whole time, Mike never stopped playing! Awesome!

David's Furry Boots!

Thanks for the great memories guys. Your music and ministry touched more peoples lives than you realize.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donw35
Admin

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Remember Me!   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 am

Great to hear from you John, those are great memories you shared. Don't know if you are on Facebook but some of the other rodies are on and they have posted pics of the old days. you would probably enjoy reading the the stories and seeing some pics from the early days.

Neon Cross is still going and we are trying to finish up some recordings, I posted our version of Jesus Freak on Myspace. check it out.

Don
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hey Guys Remember Me!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1