Share | 

Heartbreaker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeffdls

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Heartbreaker   Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:34 pm

So, what was the story behind this song? It's still one of my favs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Heartbreaker   Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 pm

Long story short "M" had written two very strong tunes in what might be call an "in between" time and this one had lyrics...secular lyrics.
I loved the tune and the phrasing so we kept the chorus, "Heartbreaker" and I wrote some new verses to express what it means to have our hearts broken by the Lord.

This is something we had all been dealing with in one way or another around this time so it wasn't difficult to relate.
As with all Neon Cross songs, I came before the Lord and asked for the Spirit's guidence and before too long I could see vividly in my mind what it means to have our hearts broken by the Lord.

In the "story" if you will, a young person is living a double life.
On one hand, they may be going out to the clubs to support their favorite Christian band or to wittness or both.
But on the other hand they have alterior motives...say like, being part of an entourage, meeting someone or just generally being/feeling glamourous.

And it's not so much that there is any evil in wanting to feel connected, but really that their connection with Jesus comes second to their connection with "the band".
Our God is a jealous and will not play second fiddle to anyone or anything and so it goes that sometimes we need our hearts to be broken before we're able to recognize just how awesome God is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffdls

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Heartbreaker   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Cool. I've always thought of it as the Lord speaking to this person who needs their heart broken in order for Him to fully heal it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heartbreaker   

Back to top Go down

Heartbreaker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1