Share | 

NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
donw35
Admin

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:01 pm

We have been told that we are playing on Saturday night but at this time do not know what time that will be exactly.

As more information becomes available we will post it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffdls

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:21 am

Any idea what the setlist is going to be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishingd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:30 pm

I`m going to be there!!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/fishingd1
Dave

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:02 pm

The set list will mirror the "soon to be released" anthology.
A healthy mix of hits and obscur stuff. Anyone who has seen us lately, this is a whole new set.
Only wish we had more time to play...it would take a couple of hours to really do it right.
Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick_c

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:52 am

I had to enjoy both Up From The Ashes from the comfort of my own home. I hope I'll be able to make it out to the land of fruits and nuts for this one. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Wes

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:03 am

I have to say - I'm very proud to be sharing a stage with you guys!

We will be playing sometime sat as well - so I'll definitely be there to see Neon Cross!!!!

alien
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.StrangeLand.us
donw35
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:00 am

Looking forward to it, a great day of music, fellowship and meeting with old and new friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mystic Valley Ranger

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Neon Cross at Cornerstone California? So which up-and-coming band did you guys have to get booted to land that spot? It's a well-known fact that you guys will whine and cry until you get your way if you guys don't like your set time or length. Case in point: Up from the ashes 2. You guys were supposed to go on 2nd or 3rd and David pulled the old "No Show" to try and get their set time moved to a later slot. Show promoters finally got a hold of him right when they were supposed to go on and David said that he was about 2 hours away. Another band went on instead and David showed up when they were still on stage (About an hour and a half earlier than when he said he would be there). You guys ended up not playing that gig at all. That little trick sure backfired didn't it? With this kind of behavior on a regular basis, you should be ashamed to call yourselves a Christian band. I say everyone should boycot Neon Cross. They suck anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donw35
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:41 pm

Well, you are correct in that we were scheduled to play the up from the ashes II gig and did no go on. Yes, Dave was running late and called me at the gig 30 minutes before our set time that he was at least an hour away. 10 minutes before we were to start I told the promoter that we didn’t have a signer and we have to cancel out. At this time, if you were there you would have seen our equipment being loaded into our cars and we told the promoter to use our time slot to let the next band sound check and keep the show on time. This gig was really about Saint and the other bands and not us. It was unfortunate that people drove a long distance to see NEON CROSS and we did not go on. I gave out CD’s to those who did and apologized as well as did Dave when he showed up. The good news about this gig is that Saint had a great show and produced a DVD out it.

I don’t know what we did to personally offend you but if you would like to talk about it let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mystic Valley Ranger

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Dude, you guys were told that if he didn't get there on time, you wouldn't go on. You guys didn't tell the promoter that you had to cancel. And then even when David got there, he was crying to bill and larry to let you guys go on later. He pulls the same crap at most of your gigs (festivals anyway). I can't count the number of times I've heard David say something like, "We've been around longer than this band or that band. We should be headlining." I don't know if it's just him or the entire band. If it's just him, then he's a legend in his own mind. 20+ years and only two studio albums, and 3 or 4 appearances on compilation albums. Get over yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donw35
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Why would you choose a forum for this type of thing, wouldn't it be better to discuss this one on one. If I or Dave did something to warrant this then at least give us an opportunity to understand what we did that pissed you off. I can honestly say that if we have offended you we are completely unaware of it and would like to have an honest chance to understand were you are coming from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigjtink

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:14 pm

Mystic, all I can say is you have it wrong. I have known these guys for years, over 20. Dave is far from being a rock star. I Mean that. I have been around these guys at many shows, back in the day and over the last few years. I was at UFTA II as well and I know both sides of the story. I'm guessing you dont. By the way, I am helping produce c'stone and the guys have been very open to any time slot. Its just how they are. First hand experience. Dave is my brother, I can call him anytime and I know he will be there for me. If thats a rock star then so be it.
signed John Tinker.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:20 pm

It is through trials that God is able to reveal ourselves to ourselves, for better or worse. This is something of a trial, even if it is just a small one, and so I am asking myself whether or not I ought to be offended?
I originally speculated that you have just been repeating some bad secondhand information. Maybe Larry had been venting and said some things he didn’t mean to. We all have bad days… But then I re-read your comments and some of this stuff is just slander. I’m not sure what I might have done to make you so upset with me but the hurtful comments you’ve made aren’t even true…except for the thing about sucking. Music is pretty subjective, and if you feel that we suck, well, that is your opinion.

First off, I’m just grateful to play and everybody who knows me knows this about me. Why complain about who is and isn’t the headliner? Does Jesus care? Wink
The truly ironic thing about that particular incident is that after having our time bounced around two or three times a couple of the other guys were feeling this gig could very well be a mistake, but I reminded everyone that we are not “rock stars” and that it would probably have zero impact on our fans because I’m sure even our most hardcore fans were planning on doing the whole day, not just our set.
Something you might not have considered is that there were some people who wanted to see us and we know from experience when promoters “revise” the schedule over and over again bad things happen for the fans…things like showing up on time and stilling missing your favorite band!

Your other comment that this happens all the time is also inaccurate. Again, with great irony, this was the first time this has ever happened to us in nearly 25 year as a band! We always make it to the gig. In fact, we’re rarely late for sound check! It’s sort of a golden rule thing, “If you don’t like waiting for “rock stars” to show up so you can get a sound check, don’t be a “rock star” yourself.”
To imply this was in some way strategic only emphasizes how little you know about us as people, so…let me clarify a couple of things, because clearly your “intel” is second hand so I'm going to give you some sort of explaination. There are some people here I owe an explaination.

It’s pretty common for us to leave early, meet up and caravan or all stop somewhere close to the gig so we can hang together before hand.
Local gigs are a little different, I live in San Diego, the guys are in L.A., and it doesn’t always make sense to bother with all that.
On this occasion I gave myself an extra hour of travel time but ran smack into a traffic jam. I let everyone know what was going on when we got stuck, and didn’t sugar coat the situation. I did say it could be an extra 2 minutes or 2 hours.
When traffic broke free I called and said I’d probably be like 15 minutes late. I was 5. Had the band been ready we could have cut 1 maybe 2 songs from the set and still have give our fans a show. I felt awful.

I did indeed talk to Bill and Larry about whether or not something could be done, after all, some people had come clear across the country! I owed them at least that much. It was embarrassing to beg, but I was to blame...ya eat a little crow and talk to the man.
Still, Larry was firm. And though I understand that this was necessary to keep the schedule moving it didn’t make it any easier.

Next I attempted to find each person who had come to see Neon Cross and thank them for coming, apologizing for letting them down and then I left utterly embarrassed…not quite like Axle Rose.
We never do this sort of thing and I for one feel very strongly that just being able to perform is a privilege so I feel quite badly when things go wrong.
We will probably never work with Roxx again over this, and these guys used to be our buds.

Now the matter of “sucking”.
That’s fine. Of all the things you have post this is the thing that bothers me least.
All my “musical hero” have heard this many times. I don’t do the “cookie cutting” “wow he sounds exactly like the record” kina thing on purpose. Live is live and people come to see bands live to get something more (so do anyways Wink ).
Journey fans think AC/DC sucks. Tesla fans think Nirvana sucks. Zep fans think Poison is gay…on and on and on… If we don’t excite you, oh well. Go by a hot dog when we play our set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishingd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:01 am

Dave wrote:

Next I attempted to find each person who had come to see Neon Cross and thank them for coming, apologizing for letting them down and then I left utterly embarrassed…not quite like Axle Rose.

I was at the UFTAII I came all the way from Anchorage Alaska.
Dave came to me to apologize personally. Yeah, I would have loved to see Neon Cross play, I have been a fan for 15 years, but I do understand that sometimes there are circumstances beyond our control. I have chosen to put it behind me (I do like razzing Dave about it once in a while) Now, do I think Dave is a rock star??? Nope. Rock stars dont usually offer apologies.
I hope to meet up with Dave, Don, and Terry at Calistone. I have been and always will be a Neon Cross fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/fishingd1
James B.

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:43 am

greetings:

forgive and forget brother/sister....seems like your merely trying to impress someone that you know somebody. Everybody does... I came down from Sac and wanted to see NC but things happen. Guess what ? I saw alot of old friends and made some new ones. Prayed with folks and led a teen-ager to Christ. That there is what we should focus on. It doesn't matter who plays or when or where. What matters is being obedient to God, being led by The Spirit and walking in what Christ has called us to do. I got a personal apology from every member of NC for thier being unable to play and guess what...they were more bummed about it then I was.

The comment bout "up and coming band" stands by itself and really says alot about what is important to some. Music is just that... music. Those who place more emphasis on that than the accountability we all have for the things we do and say, well they miss the point of exactly why a band like Neon Cross exists. There is more to it than just "getting onstage...setting up...plugging in...and jamming". It is really a bummer that you are offended ? Pray for the members of the band... in that capacity you are loosing the fruits of the Spirit in thier lives and you are no longer operating in a manner that cohabitates with strife, placing that stronghold of bitterness in your life that NOBODY needs to walk with.

Be Blessed in Jesus Name
laterz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:58 pm

O.k. ....back on topic.
Who's excited about this! I am!
Rez Band is something of an institution in Christian hard rock/metal circles and Glen Kiazer is filling our old slot just before the worship.
This means we'll get an opportunity to chat with the voice of Rez!

It should be a great time for everyone who comes.
Lotsa people from "back in the day" and even a few mid-western boyz who we rarely see out here.

Both nights are gonna rock, Souljourners are gonna play Friday night, don't miss that, they totally rock. If you are even a little in to prog-metal you won't be disappointed. Gotta see them.

Saturday night is gonna be choice with Neon Cross, Once Dead, BC and Bloodgood!
This is a total dream line up for any 80's metal fan, and both Bloodgood and Neon Cross have new stuff on the way that will be performed on this night! Bring your digital camera with vid caps. This is gonna rock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James B.

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:17 pm

I have some stuff done by other Grrrrrrr artists...my favorite being Seeds....they do the hippie folk stuff.... really really good. I already am a supporter of JPUSA and they are in my prayers. Bloodgood with Oz and new NC tunes...Ultimatum...some BC action and I hope lots o Jesus and love going 'round. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone   

Back to top Go down

NEON CROSS to play at the first ever California Cornerstone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1